Bosselman is looking for a Human Resources Generalist!
The Human Resource Generalist I is responsible for coordinating implementation of services, policies and programs for personnel throughout the Bosselman Companies; assist and advise employees and managers about employment issues. Work independently and display a high level of independent discretion in managing human resource initiatives.
Essential Job Duties/Functions
- Takes an active role in understanding the business and employee issues company wide.
- Ensures that HR policies and processes are consistently administered both in the department and companywide.
- Provides coaching and conflict resolution to managers and employees, and works with other members of the HR team to make recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitates employee relations issues as needed.
- Records and manages employee information such as, but not limited to, personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance evaluations and termination information.
- In coordination with the benefits administrator coordinates employee, physician, and return to work procedures.
- Serves as a backup for payroll.
- Ensures compliance with Federal law and company policy.
- Maintains employee related databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company.
- Protects the interest of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Processes unemployment claims and assist in appeals when needed.
- Clearly presents information and prepares reports for management.
- Actively participates in policy and procedure development.
- Delivers a high level of service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks; the ability to change focus quickly as demands change is essential.
- Attends trainings and seminars to stay current on Human Resources laws, legislation, and trends. Conducts investigations in employee and customer situations, including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
- Uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions.
- Assesses situations and make optimal and speedy decisions.
- Assists department team members as needed.
- Displays honest, trustworthy and ethical behavior when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Displays enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment.
- Maintains confidentiality; ensuring information is handled discreetly and data protected.
- Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
- Provides friendly and competent customer service.
- Performs project work and other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Three to five years progressive Human Resources experience required.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM – CP/SCP highly desirable, but not required.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time during peak periods.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment law and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate, and lead.
- Advanced and consistently demonstrated communication skills at all levels.
- Advanced and consistently demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, must be able to think out of the box.
- Highly organized with a record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English. – IF APPLICABLE
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Human Resource Generalist I to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
How to Apply: