Chief Industries is seeking a Human Resource Director!
Submit an application HERE
Chief Industries’ Corporate Office is seeking a Human Resource Director to join the Chief team. This position develops, implements, and coordinates policies and programs covering the following: employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, training, placement, safety and health, benefits, and employee services. Originates policies and initiates activities, which will provide a balance program throughout the corporation.
- Manage the Human Resources Department in an effective, efficient manner.
- Create and maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Maintain quality records on cost of recruiting (including interviewing and advertising), relocation and manpower development and provides methods to control and reduce these costs.
- Identify key employee engagement drivers for job satisfaction and employee retention.
- Support growth initiatives of company employees through professional development and succession planning.
- Support change initiatives and develop strong communication strategies for the organization.
- Manages the company benefit programs and provides information and guidance to employees and the Executive Committee to promote cost control.
- Conducts a continuing study of all personnel policies, programs and practices to keep the company aware of current practice and informed of new developments.
- Coordinate and promote programs that will improve the company safety record and, therefore, reduce costs.
- Administer the wage and salary program with the goal of establishing a competitive and fair pay practice that will reward employees for outstanding job performance.
- Provide General Managers with wage and salary information that will allow them to make informed decisions on position value for ongoing staffing strategies and the acquisition of talent.
- Participate in the search and selection of management personnel.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company by providing coaching and conflict resolution. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related discipline or equivalent combination of training or related experience.
- Ten years of Human Resources experience required.
- Five years of experience supervising staff.
- Preference given to candidates with PHR or SPHR certification.
- Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Benefits: This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
Submit an application HERE