Nebraska Department of Transportation is hiring a
HR Business Partner!
This position can be headquartered out of North Platte or Grand Island.
A day in the life of the HR Business Partner is never the same, but, in this role, you will establish yourself as the go-to partner for District leadership regarding employee performance and employee relations topics. You will build strong relationships with all levels within the Agency, coach and train District leadership to promote a culture that supports teammate development and engagement, and you will help influence the right outcomes while driving HR issues through to resolution.
The successful candidate will serve as the voice of the customer for the Gering, North Platte, Ainsworth, McCook and Grand Island Districts, and will have a choice to be headquartered out of North Platte or Grand Island.
The mission of the Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) is to provide the best possible transportation system for the movement of people and goods that promotes safety, mobility, and economic growth, which enhances the quality of life for all Nebraskans. Our culture is vibrant, and teammates feel valued as individuals and as part of our team. We hire good people who share our sense of pride and are excited to make a difference in the lives of fellow Nebraskans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coach, guide, and advise District leadership on a variety of employee performance and employee relations topics to support them in being the best leaders they can be.
- Serve as an HR subject matter expert and Agency representative regarding performance coaching, conflict resolution, corrective action, workplace complaints/investigations, NEOC complaints, grievances, state and federal employment law, Contract and Rules interpretation and compliance, and teammate ADA requests.
- Champion both employee perspective and Agency needs to promote a positive, collaborative, respectful, and continually improving and engaging work environment.
- Conduct investigations to include information and data gathering, analyzing information, validating conclusions, and making recommendations for appropriate action.
- Partner with fellow HR Business Partners as well as the HR Center of Expertise (COE) to align District business objectives with HR initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Be highly ethical and responsible to customer needs, demonstrate strong business acumen, and provide a high level of customer service.
- Use and manage data to track insights and interpret trends.
- Participate in and lead HR projects as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelors degree in business administration, public administration, office/administrative management, or a related area, and one year of experience performing or coordinating personnel activities. Experience coordinating or performing highly responsible personnel/human resource functions may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- Prior employee performance and/or employee relations experience.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Experience conducting investigations.
- Valid driver’s license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Regular and reliable attendance is also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding communication skills, with a high attention to detail and a collaborative nature.
- Strong mentality for continuous improvement and exceeding internal customer expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence outcomes effectively.
- Ability to build and leverage enduring relationships.
- Ability to work independently and in a remote/virtual environment.