York General is looking for a Compensation and Benefits Specialist!
Apply today at www.yorkgeneral.org/careers/job-openings-york-nebraska/
We are looking for candidates who care. If you are innovative, compassionate, attentive, respectful, and want to achieve excellence, let’s find your dream job at York General. Apply today to contribute to high quality patient care through all stages of life!
Nature of Work
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist will focus on compensation and benefits administration. This includes the daily administration and management of all benefits programs at York General as well as market compensation analysis on an ongoing basis. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as York General’s policies is a condition of employment.
If you enjoy making quality of life better for individuals in order to make a difference in an organization, have great attention to detail, and know your stuff about compensation, this is definitely the job for you!
Highlights of the Position
- $5,000 sign-on bonus!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Employee-centered: York General was named Modern Healthcare’s Best Place to Work for 9 years in a row!
- Improvement-focused: This specialist will work continuously to effectively maximize market-competitive compensation and benefits for York General employees, making it an even better place to work!
- Tight-knit team: You will never feel like an island in this dynamic HR team.
- Educational support: York General will support you in additional training that may be needed in order to make you an expert in the field.
What You Will Do
- Review industry benefit standards to ensure competitive benefits are offered compared to the marketplace to drive engagement, recruitment and retention of our employees
- Maintain records for all benefit programs including pertinent employee information, SPD’s, billing information, updating as necessary in a timely manner which will assure up-to-date documentation, reliable communication of benefits and accurate billing/payments
- Process unemployment wage calculations, worker’s compensation, FMLA, and GLOA; process wage verifications; ensure communication to employees is timely and relayed in the payroll system
- Validate benefit eligibility and coverage on a consistent basis to assure status is appropriate, payments are accurate to maintain employee and vendor relationships
- Assign and manage job codes for positions ensuring fit for facility and industry titling conventions; partners in the recruitment process with leaders and recruiter in determining wage work ups for offers of employment and recommendations for pay changes ensuring consistency and integrity in the compensation system
- Evaluate total compensation program, philosophy, and pay practices for effectiveness as well as fiscal responsibility to drive engagement, recruitment, and retention
- Complete annual salary surveys in timely fashion and compiles market analysis on all positions; make recommendations for salary structure based on evidence of market to ensure competitiveness of our compensation program
What You Need
- Position requires extensive knowledge of Compensation, Payroll, and Human Resources applications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret government regulations and ability to write reports, and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of directors, customers and general public
- Demonstrate knowledge of wage and hour laws to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Associates Degree required in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field and a minimum of three years experience in Compensation Analysis
- Experience in payroll and/or benefits administration preferred
How to Apply:
- Apply today at www.yorkgeneral.org/careers/job-openings-york-nebraska/